You can now stream and download free legal music with your library card and Freegal. Freegal Music is a free music service from your library. Freegal offers access to many millions of songs, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists and many of today’s top artists, a fantastic retrospective collection, as well as music from around the world. In total the collection is comprised of music from over 28,000+ labels with music that originates in over 80 countries.
Log in with your library card number to download 5 songs per week and stream up to 5 hours of music per day. A video download is counted as two (2) song downloads. If you use a computer then there is no software to download, and there are no digital rights management restrictions.
Read the Freegal FAQs http://armidalensw.freegalmusic.com/questions to help with technical specifications, conditions of use and navigating the Freegal site.
APPS FOR APPLE AND ANDROID DEVICES
Download the Freegal App for your Apple device from the App Store or if you have an Android phone or tablet download the Freegal App from the Google play store. While many Android devices successfully run the Freegal Music App, not all Android devices are compatible.
HOW THE FREEGAL WEBSITE WORKS
- Click on the link FREEGAL MUSIC
- Library users have a weekly download limit of three (5) individual tracks and a daily limit of three (5) hours of streaming.
- A video download is counted as two (2) song downloads.
- Click login in the top right corner.
- Enter your library card number with no spaces and type in your PIN or password.
- Click login.
- First time users will be asked to accept the terms and conditions and a short step-by-step guide will be displayed.
- Click on stream now or press the play button to stream music. Click on the download button to download music.
- Keep track of your downloads in the upper right corner of the site.
- Every song has a sample clip you can listen to before you download.
- Downloads are all in the MP3 format with no Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- This service will work with any MP3 player, including iPod, and can be loaded into iTunes. It works on both PCs and Macs.
- Be sure to check out the browsing areas, especially Artists A to Z (bottom of page) and the genre lists (menu bar).
- Click on See All Genres to view dozens of categories